Saturday, June 4, 2011

Mmmm Chai

I love a Chai Latte.  And the sweet, spicy, milky goodness is perfect for the cold weather we've been having.  I've had some good and some ordinary.  The best ones I've had use Arkadia Chai powder.  One day when grocery shopping I was excited to see the same stuff that my favourite cafe uses in my local supermarket.  I've tried a heap of different Chai powders, syrups and pouches and this is my absolute favourite. 
The jar says to use 2 or 3 teaspoons in 180mls of hot milk for a latte and use hot water for a tea.  I am not a fan of this with hot water though.  I heat a mugfull of milk in the microwave and add two rounded teaspoons and it is plenty sweet and strong enough for me.
I also like that the company that makes it is Australian owned.

Yum! Yum! Yum! My favourite...





* No-one from Arkadia Chai Tea knows me.  I am just a repeat purchaser of this wonderful chai powder.

2 comments:

Jorji said...

Oh where did you find this? I'm always on the look out for a good chai but nothing compares to my local cafe and i dont know what they use!
=(
J x

Sonya said...

I spotted this being used (in a much bigger tin) in a cafe in my last trip to the city. A couple of places locally use it too.

I just get mine from my local Woolworths its in the tea and coffee isle.